Shortcrust pastry (enough for a 24 cm quiche pan)
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
200g of mushrooms, sliced (we did a combination of brown, shiutake,enoki and button)
1/3 cup flat leave parsley
300g of soft feta
2 tablespoons of Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
150g of greek yoghurt
dash of milk to loosen mix if needed
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Line the quiche pan with shortcrust pasty, Spike your tart shell a few times with a folk and refrigerate for 30 mins.
3. In a medium fry pan, place 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add diced onions, sliced leeks, cook for a couple of minutes until onion starts to become clear. Add the mushrooms after a couple of minutes add in the diced garlic. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
4. Once cooled stir through roughly chopped parsley.
5. Place the refrigerated tart shell 15-20 mins, after this time, remove the pie weights and bake for another 10 mins.
6. In a mixing bowl put greek yoghurt, milk and eggs and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
7. Once the quiche shell is slightly cooled. Add in the leek and mushroom mix, top with egg mix and crumble over the feta.
8. Bake for 30 mins or until golden and the inside is set. Set aside to cool for 15 mins before serving.