Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use liberally throughout)
1.5 cups arborio rice, rinsed
4 cups vegetable stock (two stock cubes dissolved in boiling water)
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups broccoli, diced
2 cups mixed mushrooms, diced
1 cup frozen peas
Shredded vegan cheese (optional)
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
Spice mix: 1tsp of paprika, nutritional yeast & turmeric. Add salt & pepper.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Line a baking tray and spread the chickpeas, drizzle a generous amount of Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cover the chickpeas in the spice mix.
3. Bake for around 10-15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Set aside.
4. Heat a non-stick deep pan with a generous drizzle of Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
5. Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until translucent.
6. Add the vegetables and fry for a few minutes, so they start to soften.
7. Mix in the rice and cook for a further few minutes.
8. Add 1/2 (2 cups) of the vegetable stock and stir through. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
9. Once some of the stock has reduced, add the remaining stock, cover again and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the rice is ready. Keep stirring occasionally.
10. Serve a bowl and top with crispy chickpeas (and vegan cheese) and enjoy!
Content by: @Johuczek