Tempura Barramundi with Sweet Potato Chips
- 4x150g fillets of barramundi, skin removed
- 200g plain flour
- 200g rice flour
- 550-600ml cold soda water
- Red Island Heat Stable Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into cm thick chips with the skin left on
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Lemon cheeks to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Season your sweet potato chips with Red Island Heat Stable Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper in a large roasting tray. Place the chips into your oven and cook for 35-40 minutes, tossing the chips in the tray a couple of times through the cooking process.
- Meanwhile in a pot just big enough to hold your barramundi fillet add 2-3 cm of Red Island High Heat Stable Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat over medium-high heat to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rice flour, plain flour and soda water before mixing the ingredients together using a fork. The batter should resemble a loose pancake batter.
- Dust the barramundi fillets in the extra flour before adding to the batter and covering completely.
- Carefully cook 1 piece of fish at a time in the hot oil for 6-8 minutes or until the batter is golden brown and the fish is cooked through. For best results rotate the fish in the oil through the cooking process to ensure even cooking.
- Once each piece of fish is cooked drain on paper towel before seasoning with salt and freshly cracked black pepper and serving with the sweet potato chips and lemon cheeks.