- 1 leg of ham, I prefer easy carve or boneless
- 1 cup of fig jam
- ½ cup dried figs roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the skin from your ham and score. If you aren’t comfortable with this your local butcher will gladly help you out. Place the ham on a baking tray large enough to hold it.
- In a small pot combine all the ingredients (except the ham) and gently heat until the ingredients have melted and thoroughly mixed.
- Liberally glaze the ham with a third of the fig glaze before placing the ham in the oven.
- Cook the ham for 2 hours while re-glazing every 30-40 minutes. Be mindful to keep enough glaze to apply 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Remove the ham from the oven and serve immediately.