Smokey Pork Ribs
- 2 racks of pork spareribs
- 3 tbsp Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup golden syrup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat your BBQ or Kettle to medium direct heat.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork ribs into a large non-reactive bowl and mix thoroughly. Check for seasoning at this stage and adjust if needed.
- Add the pork ribs to the marinade- for best results allow these to marinate for a few hours up to overnight. However, you can cook this right away and the results will be almost as good.
- Place the ribs onto the hottest part of your BBQ and cook for 10-15 minutes while continually turning. Once the ribs are slightly caramelised and sealed, brush them with the remaining marinade before reducing the heat of your BBQ to low and close the lid. Cook for a further 60 minutes until cooked through and the meat begins to come from the bone. While the ribs are cooking give the odd brush with the remaining marinade and rotate if they need it.
- Remove the ribs and serve immediately.