Roasted Carrot and Onion Salad
- 2 bunched of baby carrots, washed and tops removed
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters with the skin on
- 2 tbsp Red Island High Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 tbsp toasted pepitas
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius fan forced.
- In a large roasting tray add the carrots and onion petals before generously seasoning with Red Island High Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast the carrots and onion for 45-60 minutes until tender and caramelised. Once cooked through remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before using.
- On a large serving platter smear the hummus on the bottom before randomly topping with the roasted carrots and onion. Sprinkle with toasted pepitas and an extra drizzle of Red Island Extra Virgin Oil.