Sticky BBQ Salmon
- 1 side of salmon (approx. 1.5kg), pinboned and skin removed
- ¼ cup Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60g brown sugar
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, bruised
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat your BBQ or Kettle to medium-high indirect heat.
- In a small bowl combine the bruised garlic, Red Island BBQ extra virgin olive oil, brown sugar, lime juice and salt before mixing thoroughly to combine. The sugar wont dissolve completely but don’t worry, it will through the cooking process.
- Place the Side of salmon onto a large baking sheet lined with baking paper before brushing liberally with half of the brown sugar glaze.
- Place the salmon onto your BBQ before closing the lid and cooking for 20-25 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Through the cooking process continually brush the salmon with the brown sugar glaze until the salmon is completely cooked.
- Transfer the side of salmon to a serving platter and serve.