Pea Pesto Pasta
- 500g Spaghetti pasta
- 1 1/2 cups, blanched frozen peas
- 2 cups of roquette
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt for seasoning and freshly cracked black pepper
- small handful of mint leaves
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan plus extra for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil before beginning.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile in a large mortar and pestle, pound the peas and roquette into a chunky paste. To the pea pesto add the Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil, grated Parmesan and season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to a large bowl along with 2-3 tbsp of pasta water. Add the pea pesto to the pasta and toss the ingredients thoroughly to combine.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, freshly cracked black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve immediately with freshly torn mint leaves, shaved Parmesan and a drizzle of Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil.