Vegan Veggie One Pot Risotto
1.5 cups arborio rice, rinsed
4 cups vegetable stock (two stock cubes dissolved in boiling water)
1 diced onion
3 minced garlic cloves
2 cups diced broccoli
2 cups diced mixed mushroom
1 cup frozen peas
Optional shredded vegan cheese
1 can chickpeas, rinsed
Spice mix: 1tsp of paprika, nutritional yeast, turmeric. Add salt & pepper.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Line a baking tray and spread the chickpeas, drizzle a generous amount of Red Island Extra
Virgin Olive Oil, cover the chickpeas in spice mix
3. Bake for around 10-15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Set aside
4. Heat a non-stick deep pan with a generous drizzle of Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5. Fry onion and garlic for a few minutes until translucent
6. Add vegetables and fry for a few minutes
7. Mix in the rice and cook for another few minutes
8. Add 2 cups of vegetable stock and stir through. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
9. Once some of the stock has reduced, add remaining stock, cover with a lid and cook for 10
minutes or until the rice is ready. Stir occasionally
10. Option to stir through vegan cheese. Serve a bowl and top with crispy chickpeas. Enjoy!
Content by: @TheNourishedBite