Lynton Tapp's Veggie Pasta
- 1 head of broccoli
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil +extra
- ¼ cup blanched almonds, chopped
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- 1 packet farfalle pasta
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using your hands tear the florets of broccoli and cauliflower into a large mixing bowl before adding the Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil, capers, almonds and zest of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper and toss the ingredients until the broccoli and cauliflower are evenly coated with everything.
- Place the veg onto a large baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes or until deeply caramelised and cooked through.
- Meanwhile with enough time left before your veg are cooked, cook your pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a mixing bowl along with the cooked veg. Add a good drizzle of Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil along with the parmesan and lemon juice before tossing the ingredients together. Check and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.