Leftover Roast Veggie Frittata
2 ½ cups leftover roast veggies (can be any mixture of veggies)
⅓ cup Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus extra to line the tin and dress the salad)
80g red onion diced, plus extra rings for decoration
½ tsp finely chopped rosemary
6 large eggs
15g roughly chopped basil leaves
100g grated cheddar
80g grated parmesan
1 cup plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
½ tsp turmeric
A large bag of leafy greens
- Arrange a rack in the middle of a fan forced oven and heat to 160°C.
- Add ⅓ cup of Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a medium frying pan, with the rosemary and diced red onion.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, until the oil is fragrant and the onions are lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
4. Lightly brush a 23cm x 8cm deep cake tin with Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then line the base and sides with baking paper. Set aside.
5. Add the eggs, basil and cooled onion oil mixture to a large bowl. Whisk until combined, then add the cheese, flour, turmeric, baking powder, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Add the leftover roast veggies, then gently fold until combined
6. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes, until golden and set. Cool completely before slicing into equal portions. Distribute the leafy greens between containers,
drizzle with more Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add the frittata. Enjoy for an easy dinner, or a work/school lunch!
Content by @stylemyplate