Gluten Free Chocolate and Prune Brownie
- 300g dark chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 eggs, room temperature
- 60g gluten free self-raising flour (corn works best)
- 150g cocoa
- 400g caster sugar
- 1 cup of pitted prunes roughly chopped
- Sea salt flakes
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius fan forced
- Grease and line a 20cmx30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat gently heat the chocolate, Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter until the chocolate and butter is completely melted and you have a smooth liquid.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine the cocoa, gluten free flour, chopped prunes and sugar.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and allow to cool slightly. When the mixture is warm but not hot to the touch, whisk in the seven eggs. You will need to vigorously whisk the mix for 2-3 minutes until you have a smooth batter again. Do not let the mixture get too cold.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined slice tin, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt flakes and bake in the oven for 27-30 minutes. The brownie should have the slightest wobble in the centre when cooked.
- Remove the brownie from the oven once it is cooked and allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge and allowing to cool for 3-4 hours before slicing.
- Serve with dollop cream.