Crunchy Beef Salad
- 300g Rump Steak
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shaved
- 2 orange carrots, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/4 cup sliced spring onion
- 2 tbsp Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Preheat a frying pan over high heat and allow to come to temperature for 3-4 minutes before beginning.
- Season the steak with a good drizzle of Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sea salt before placing into the hot pan. Cook to your liking- for medium rare cook for 2-3 minutes each side before resting for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the crunchy salad. In a large serving bowl add the Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lime juice, honey and fish sauce and mix thoroughly using a for until thoroughly combined. Check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- To the serving bowl add the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, chilli and herbs. Do not mix at this point, wait until you are ready to serve before tossing the salad together.
- When the steak is cooked to your liking, turn off the heat and remove from the pan before placing on the board to rest. Pour any pan juices over the salad.
- Thinly slice the steak, give one last season with salt and freshly cracked pepper before placing on top of your salad.
- To serve, toss the ingredients together ensuring everything is evenly coated with the dressing and enjoy.