Crispy Skin Chicken Wraps
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on and bone removed
- 2 tbsp Red Island Heat Stable Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra
- 4 white wraps
- 1 avocado, flesh removed and finely sliced
- 1 cup of roquette
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch basil, thick stems removed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, coarsely grated
- ½ cup Greek style yoghurt
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and allow to come to temperature before beginning.
- Season the chicken thighs with a healthy pinch of sea salt before adding a good drizzle of Red Island Heat Stable Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan. Place the chicken thighs into the pan skin side down cooking for 8-10 minutes or until the skin is golden brown and super crispy. Turn the chicken thighs over and cook for a further 90 seconds before removing and allowing to rest slightly before slicing thickly.
- Meanwhile make the basil pistou. Finely chop the basil on a clean board, you may have to run your knife through the basil 4-5 times to chop the leaves finely. Into a small serving vessel place the chopped basil, grated cherry tomatoes and Red Island Heat Stable Extra Virgin Olive Oil before mixing thoroughly. Add a pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper before checking the seasoning, adjust if needed.
- Time to make the wraps. In the centre of a wrap add a thick line of yoghurt using approx. 2 tablespoons before sprinkling with roquette leaves, avocado and thinly sliced red onion working on the same centre line of the yoghurt. Place 1 sliced chicken thigh onto the ingredients and liberally spoon on some pistou before serving. Repeat for each wrap.