Classic Baked Cheesecake
- 12 Nice Biscuits
- 6 tablespoons Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fine caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- First make the crust by crushing the nice biscuits to in a medium to fine consistency.
- Mix in the EVOO until all the crumbs are coated, if it seems dry add a splash of water.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of 9 inch spring form pan. Bake crust until deep golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- To make filling, beat the cream cheese on high until light and fluffy, around 5 to 7 minutes. Add flour, beat until just combined.
- Add vanilla, sour cream, sugar and lemon zest. Beat on low until just combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat in between until just combined. Try not to aerate the mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust, tap the pan to ensure all the air bubbles are out of the mixture and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, rotating half way through. The top should turn golden brown.
- Turn the oven off and cool the cheesecake in the oven, around 40 mins for before moving to the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Top with berries icing sugar.