Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
- 1 head of cauliflower- leaves, stem and all, cut into large pieces
- 3 tbsp Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup currants
- ½ cup Greek style yoghurt
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the grill and flat plate on your BBQ over high heat and allow to come to temperature for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl season your cauliflower with Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and toss everything together until the cauliflower is evenly covered with all the ingredients.
- Place the cauliflower onto the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly until tender and nicely charred. In the final five minutes of cooking add your chickpeas to the flat plate of the BBQ before drizzling with Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Meanwhile add your yoghurt to a small mixing bowl and season with a pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the cauliflower and chickpeas from the BBQ and set aside and allow to cool slightly before making the salad.
- On a large serving platter place the yoghurt on the bottom, add the cauliflower and chickpeas before topping with the currants, nuts, cumin seeds and chilli flakes.
- Serve warm.