BBQ Jacket Potatoes
- 6 kestrel potatoes, skin on
- Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup spring onion, finely sliced
- 12 cloves of whole garlic
- ½ cup crumbled cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup store bought pork crackle
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat.
- On a clean workspace place down a piece of aluminium foil followed by baking paper ensuring each is large enough to wrap a potato in.
- Place a potato into the centre of the foil, season with a pinch of salt, freshly cracked pepper, a good drizzle of Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 garlic cloves before bringing the edges of the foil up towards the centre and pinching at the top to create a little parcel.
- Repeat this process for all your potatoes.
- Place your potato parcels onto your BBQ and close the lid and cook for 45 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Remove the potatoes from the BBQ and peel back the aluminium foil to reveal the cooked potato. Using the back of a kitchen spoon, gently push the centre of the potato to create a well in the potato to help hold the toppings.
- To each potato add a heaped tablespoon of sour cream, spring onion, crumbled cheddar and pork crackle. Lastly squeeze the oozy caramelised garlic out of the skin into the toppings and serve immediately in aluminium foil parcel acting as a disposable bowl.