BBQ Honey Prawns
- 10 whole green prawns
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- Lemon cheeks to serve
- In a large non-reactive bowl combine the spices, honey, Red Island BBQ extra virgin olive oil, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Check the seasoning of the marinade and adjust if needed. Add the prawns to the marinade and mix the prawns through to completely cover. Allow to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ to high heat.
- Thread your prawns onto the skewers starting at the tail working the skewer through the centre of the body to the head of the prawn.
- Place the prawns onto the hottest part of your BBQ and cook for 2-3 minutes turning once halfway through the process, in the final seconds of cooking brush the prawns with any remaining marinade.
- Serve the prawns immediately fresh lemon cheeks and mayonnaise.