BBQ Chicken Wings
- 1.5kg chicken wings
- ½ cup salt reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup mirin
- 3 tbsp siracha sauce
- 3 tbsp Red Island BBQ Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large non-reactive add all the ingredients except the chicken wings and mix thoroughly to combine everything. Check and adjust the seasoning at this stage before adding the raw chicken, once you are happy add the chicken wings and marinade for a minimum of 1 hour up to overnight.
- Once your chicken wings are ready, preheat the grill on your BBQ over medium heat and allow to come to temperature for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the chicken wings onto your grill, reserving the marinade and cook on each side for 5 minutes. After each turn brush the chicken wings with the marinade, being careful not to create flare ups. After 10 minutes close the lid and cook for another 45 minutes while turning and brushing with the marinade throughout the cooking process. Once the chicken wings are cooked through remove from the heat and serve immediately.